Breakfast Crostata with Bacon Spread and Eggs
**Salty like a well-behaved feminist
** Make sure that you are hydrating the dough. The dough should be soft and supple and somewhat pliable unlike your demand to take down patriarchy
** If your dough is stretching easily that means it was well hydrated and not overworked, exactly how you should be.
** You do this to deflate the pie and stop it from rising. Much like what patriarchy did to women.
** Pick your own toppings!! Crostata is not judgey and accepting of All
Cheese Curry Rarebits with Mango Mint Julep Jam
**The bread, not the baking tray. Just sayin’
** I don’t know why it auto-corrected to the accent but my bourgeoisie ass likes it and is keeping it
** In a year full of news about world pandemics, rioting, marginalising and oppressing, we have reached a month full of news about racism, over policing, clashes of cultures. This is a recipe that has adapted itself to the world in 2020. Born out of poverty in 1725 in Wales, its got a dash of Indian migrants for a hint of colourism; some cultural exchange brought to you by the glory days of the colonialism, to a new and improved zero-waste angle. Did we miss any politically aware or woke checkpoints?
Puff Pastry Strawberry Basil Champagne Pop Tarts
** And no, your paleo diet will not help it firm up. So lets be 2020 about this and use those ozone depleting fridges in our houses.
** You may not be pollen, but we are trying to make a 2D 4-petal flower out of our dough which isn’t really a flower. Get with the program.
**This is a full circle, back to square one kinda recipe.
** Not one to comment about butters trauma however it is quite fond of a meltdown so work gently.
** Now depending on the butters mental health history and weather conditions outside, you can either do the next step immediately or you’ll need to cover it with parchment paper and pop it back into the fridge to firm up. Instincts baby, trust them.
** It may kill the planet, but the fridge will keep this pastry safe for upto 3 months.
Orange and Cream Cheese Filled Doughnuts
**Unless you’ve just gotten a manicure, or given yourself a manicure given the current scenario, use an electric mixer with a paddle attachment.
**Take zoomed in slow-mo video otherwise how would you tell your instagram followers you did it right and arsty.
**If you poke it, it should spring back.
** If you want to be an environment assassin you could use plastic wrap as well
** Aim to go zero-waste so roll the scraps (again!) and cut them round (again!).
** Unlike Jesus this takes only 20 minuts to rise again.
** Fancy chefs speak for pastry tip with medium to big round hole
Vegan Cashew Cheesecake With Blueberry Preserve Glaze
- **So this is an overnight recipe, hence its best made in your pajamas. Unless its quickie then 20 minutes in hot water.
- **If you have extra bits left over you can always save that as a filling for our previous recipe for Braided Pastry with Strawberry Preserve and Peanut Butter Filling.
- ** Now again, if its a quickie then in the freezer for a couple of hours.
- ** Pansies, Sage Flowers or Violets are great choices for desserts.
Braided Pastry with Peanut Butter and Strawberry Preserve Filling
- **You can either buy it at the store or if you’re feeling adventurous you can make it from starch while listening to Puff Daddy.
- ** You can use soft cheeses or other preserves incase of nut allergies.
- ** That’s why we call it a braided pastry, clever isn’t it.
- ** If you do not eat eggs, you can always make a milk and sugar wash and replace the egg wash for the nice golden colour on your pastry.
Japanese Pancake with Strawberry Basil Champagne Jam
- **When you lift the beater the very tip of the peak will flop over and the rest of the peak will stay up staright.
- **Make sure the milk is at room temperature, cold milk will clump up your butter
- **Make sure the butter is not too hot otherwise it will cook and curdle the yolk.
- **You may not be a DJ but these bad babies love to jiggle when they cook through.