- 2 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup nuts (any nuts will do)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 cups broken cashews
- 2/3 cup coconut butter
- grated zest of 2 lemons
- squeezed juice of one lemon
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp turmeric
Blueberry Jam Glaze
- 100 gm sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1cup water
- 5 tablespoons of cup of Spreadit’s seasonal blueberry preserve
- Soak the broken cashews in cold water overnight. **
- To prepare the crust, measure out all the ingredients as listed above and blend into a somewhat smooth and sticky paste. **
- Press the crust paste with your fingers in a 9-inch spring form cake mould.
- The crust should be about a half to an inch thick when flattened out completely.
- Put the mould in the freezer to wait for the filling to be prepared.
- Take all the filling ingredients and blend together into a smooth and silky mixture.
- Pour the filling over the crust and let to set in the fridge for overnight.
- Take the blueberry preserve add to sugar mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Continue to boil about 2 minutes or until mixture is clear.
- Once the cake is set, remove from the cake mould, cut into slices.
- Pour cooled glaze over berried.
- Top with sweet edible flowers for decoration. **
- Serve cold and consume fast and repeatedly.