- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup + 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup orange espresso marmalade spread
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon chopped hazelnuts
- In a small bowl, combine yeast, warm water, and 1 teaspoon granulated sugar. Let sit for 10 minutes and it should be foamy.
Either in a clean bowl or a working space, form a well with the flour, add the eggs and the yeast mixture.
- Add the remaining sugar, the butter, grated nutmeg and salt.
- Get your hands in the mix and bring the dough together.**
- Flour the working surface** Time to build some upper arm strength and knead it smooth and soft. This will take about 8 minutes.**
- Put it back into a container and cover with damp cloth**
- Check on it in 90 minutes and it would have doubled in size.
- Move the dough onto lightly floured surface and roll out. About a ¼ inch thickness and cut rounds with cookie cutter. **
- Transfer onto another sheet tray and cover again with damp cloth for 20 minutes and ret rise again. **
- Heat the oil to 370 degrees and using a spotted spoon deep fry till golden.
Whisk together Orange Espresso Kahlua Spread, cream cheese, dried cranberries and chopped hazelnuts.
- Fill onto pastry bag with #230 filling tip.**
- Poke hole in the doughnut and fit pastry bag and fill in the doughnuts.
Make the glaze by mixing together icing sugar and milk until all the lumps disappear.
- Place the doughnuts on a baking rack and drizzle the glaze all over the doughnut.
- Eat while warm.
**Unless you’ve just gotten a manicure, or given yourself a manicure given the current scenario, use an electric mixer with a paddle attachment.
**Take zoomed in slow-mo video otherwise how would you tell your instagram followers you did it right and arsty.
**If you poke it, it should spring back.
** If you want to be an environment assassin you could use plastic wrap as well
** Aim to go zero-waste so reroll the scraps and cut them round again.
** Unlike Jesus this takes only 20 minuts to rise again.
** Fancy chefs speak for pastry tip with medium to big round hole