- 200 gm all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 90 gm very cold butter, diced
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- 200 gm iloverooted heirloom tomatoes
- Spreadit Basil Pesto and Cheese
- Egg Wash (optional)
- Mix the salt into the flour.**
- Cut the chilled butter in with the flour using a dough cutter.**
- Make a well and add the water one spoon full at a time
- Bring the dough in together and knead to homogenise, careful not to over work it or it will be harder to roll out later.
- Roll out the 90 gm dough into a circle 1/2" thick.**
- Pre heat the oven to 160ºC
- Using a fork make holes in the dough and blind bake for 5 mins till the time the dough is firm yet still pliable.**
- Spread the pesto generously on the base.**
- Top with tomato and fresh farmers cheese
- Apply egg wash if using and bake for minimum 15 mins or till the pastry is baked golden.
- Cut into slices and serve hot or at room temperature.