- 60gm cheddar cheese, grated
- 60 gm Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. Medium Sāmbhar Powder
- 5 gm Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 egg whisked
- 125 g Spreadit Mango Mint Julep Jam
- 10-12 slices of old bread
- 5 gm melted butter for brushing
- 30 gm feta cheese for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 150º C.
- Using a cutter cut the bread into 2 inch rounds. ••
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the cut bread on it.
- Brush with butter on both side ••
- Place it in the oven and toast lightly.
- Mix the cheese, Sāmbhar powder••
- Add in the egg and mix together. Adjust for salt.
- Top with the mango jam.
- Grill in the oven for 4-5 mins and remove once the cheese is melted and bubbling
- Add more freshly cracked pepper and add a dollop of feta cheese.
- Serve hot. ••
- **Any and all varieties of bread would work but the world demands the ON-TREND Sourdough. You can use the one you bought from the latest neighbourhood baker, you know the one you found 2 weeks ago and now swear by.
- • The bread, not the baking tray. Just sayin’
- • I don’t know why it auto-corrected to the accent but my bourgeoisie ass likes it and is keeping it
- • In a year full of news about world pandemics, rioting, marginalising and oppressing, we have reached a month full of news about racism, over policing, clashes of cultures. This is a recipe that has adapted itself to the world in 2020. Born out of poverty in 1725 in Wales, its got a dash of Indian migrants for a hint of colourism; some cultural exchange brought to you by the glory days of the colonialism, to a new and improved zero-waste angle. Did we miss any politically aware or woke checkpoints?
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device