Cheese Curry Rarebits with Mango Mint Julep Jam
- 60gm cheddar cheese, grated
- 60 gm Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. Medium Sāmbhar Powder
- 5 gm Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 egg whisked
- 125 g Spreadit Mango Mint Julep Jam
- 10-12 slices of old bread
- 5 gm melted butter for brushing
- 30 gm feta cheese for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 150º C.
- Using a cutter cut the bread into 2 inch rounds. ••
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the cut bread on it.
- Brush with butter on both side ••
- Place it in the oven and toast lightly.
- Mix the cheese, Sāmbhar powder••
- Add in the egg and mix together. Adjust for salt.
- Top with the mango jam.
- Grill in the oven for 4-5 mins and remove once the cheese is melted and bubbling
- Add more freshly cracked pepper and add a dollop of feta cheese.
- Serve hot. ••