Charcoal Bacon Waffles
- 250 g Flour
- 15 g Coconut Charcoal Powder
- 10 g teaspoon
- 5 g Salt
- 4 g Baking Powder
- 2 g Baking Soda
- 300 ml Buttermilk
- 60 g Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 10 g Spread it Bacon Jam
- Fried Eggs
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Sesame Seeds
- Nigella Seeds
- Basil Leaves
- Drizzle cherry tomatoes• in olive oil, black pepper and honey and pop them in a preheated oven at 200ºC for 10 minutes.
- Sift the flour, coconut charcoal powder, baking powder and baking soda into a clean bowl. Add sugar.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks• and beat the egg whites to stiff peaks and keep aside.
- Mix all the wet items together and slowly add to the dry mix.
- Using one sacrificial scoop of the egg whites fold it into the mixture.
- Slowly fold in the remaining beaten egg white carefully as to not knock the air out.•
- Lace melted butter through the batter.
- Add bacon spread and baked cherry tomatoes and shredded basil leaves reserving a few for garnish into the batter.
- Let the batter rest for 10 minutes in the meanwhile heat up the waffle iron.
- Brush the iron with butter and ladle in one scoop of batter at a time and cook till it’s stopped steaming and is crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
- Serve hot topped with sliced avocados, fried eggs, sesame seeds and nigella seeds.
- Optional• - Garnish with basil leaves and grated parmesan cheese.