Braided Pastry with Peanut Butter and Strawberry Preserve Filling
- 220 gm puff pastry sheets
- 5 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons Spreadit Strawberry, Basil & Champagne preserves
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- Caster Sugar For Dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F with oven rack in lower third of oven.
- Roll out your puff pastry. ** Roll it into a 11 by 10 inch rectangle. Trim the extra bits
- Take a spoonful of the Strawberry Basil Champagne Preserve and then add a spoonful of the peanut butter. **
- Alternate all the way till the bottom.
- Cut slits diagonally 1 inch apart on both sides of the filling.
- Starting at the top, fold the strip over the filling covering the filling alternating the sides like a braid. **
- Pinch ends of braid to seal, and fold under to enclose filling.
- Line the baking tray with a butter paper and place the braised pastry.
- Break the egg up and whisk together with some water.
- Brush the egg wash onto the topside of the braided pastry. **
- Bake for 30 mins or until nice and golden on top, rotating the baking dish every 15 mins.
- Let braids stand on baking sheet 5 minutes.
- Dust the cooled braided pastry with caster sugar for decorative effect.
- Let cool to room temperature and serve with coffee and custard.